Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lots of Work To Do

I had to chuckle at this one: MSN.com has a scrolling bar on their website with comments from people regarding the inauguration. I am sure you can guess what most of them were, but this one caught my eye:

Too much. This is an inauguration not the Super Bowl.
Rebecca, Sumter, S.C.

Apparently Rebecca in South Carolina thinks that a football game played every single year is more important than the peaceful transition of power at the highest levels of the most powerful nation in the world. A transition of power to a man whose race would have had him sitting in the back of the bus and using different bathrooms just 50 years ago. But hey, maybe Rebecca is right - I mean, if the Arizona Cardinals won the Super Bowl, it would be a pretty big deal, right?

Some people worry about the decline of our great nation, but to them, I point to Rebecca, who clearly has her priorities in the right order.

No comments: