Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Top 10 Continued

Pure. Piano. Pop.

If I am going away to island forever, I am going to need something I can sing to. Since I may have been seen driving down the road singing this one as loud as I could, it seems like a good choice.


This one just soars, and I love Chris Martin 's voice. I love it so much, that many times, when I am listening to this one, I try to pretend I have the same voice he has. Thankfully I am generally alone when this occurs. One thing I like about this one is that there is absolutely no doubt that Martin loves this song. And I personally think it takes some amount of guts to say, ok, I am doing at least half this song in falsetto. And I can practice my air drumming while I sing this one. It's such a simple song, and I find that to be a fascinating part of many of the songs on this list. So simple, yet so magnificent. Also, I will be able to spend all my time on the island thinking about what The Hardest Part of living on the island is.

No comments: